Columbia, NC Rockfish Tournament - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Albemarle Sound
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Albemarle Sound A forum for the Albemarle sound guys

Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Columbia, NC Rockfish Tournament

The organization I work with is sponsoring a rockfish tournament Nov 2-3 in Columbia, NC. Fishing is allowed only in the Albemarle Sound and its tributaries. Winners will be determined by the total weight of 3 fish (individual or team) and there is also a $10 big fish pot. First place is $1500. Your $30 entry fee includes a BBQ dinner (Nixon's) and a T-shirt. The event will take place on the waterfront in Columbia. Music (bluegrass and southern rock) and the BBQ dinner will happen Friday night and the tournament will be on Saturday. For more details and registration info check out www.palmettopeartree.org or you can email me at [email protected]. We hope to make this an annual event, so the more support/participation we get the better the event will be. I encourage anyone that regularly fishes in the Albemarle Sound area to register. Pass on the info to your rockfishing buddies.

By the way, as I'm sure everyone has noticed, the fishing has been slow around here. Hopefully these cold fronts over the next couple of weeks will cool things down so that the rockfishing heats up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Official member

Default Re: Columbia, NC Rockfish Tournament

I got your flyer off the internet. Looks like a GREAT event. I am already entered in a local bass tournament or I would be there. I hope it turns out good for you, would love to see it agian next year. Do you know how many entries there are so far?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM

Yeah, unfortunately the Elizabeth City Bassmaster Open is the same day. We are planning to make this an annual event, with hopes of it becoming a fundraiser for various charities. We're laying the groundwork for it this year to see what works and what doesn't.

If we get good weather we're anticipating about 100 participants. We've got 27 out of towners signed up right now and 95% of the locals will sign up on Friday night at the BBQ dinner. We've gotten great response, but everyone is waiting to see what the weather does. I'll post after the tournament to let everyone know how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
NC Member

How did the tournament go!! How big where the fish !!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Lunker

How did the tournament go. I know that you had to cancel for weather on saturday but fished the tournament on sunday.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:32 PM

The tournament went great... yeah we had a few bumps in the road, but overall we had a good turnout. We had 68 folks fish in the tournament, which isn't bad considering the weather situation. I know a lot of folks had a hard time catching fish because the water was so stirred up, but from the reports the rock began to school up in the afternoon as things began to settle. The winning sack came from the North River (17.48 lbs), second came from Alligator River(15.33 lbs), and third came from 32 bridge area (10.69 lbs). All of these teams weighed in 3 fish. Big fish was 8 lbs. We kept our money the same even though we didn't get 75 fisherman. Big fish came out to $360. The bluegrass was awesome on Friday night and we'll probably try to get those guys again next year. Hopefully the weather will be better in 2008. If anyone is interested in helping advertise next year let us know. Again, this was a non-profit event and we hope to make it a fundraiser next year. We should have some pictures posted on our website www.palmettopeartree.org by the end of the week. Thanks to all those involved, and I hope the rest of you can attend in the future.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Speck we'll post an ad in the NC and albemarle forums for ya. Hopefully it will help.