Any Evinrude Etec Owners? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance Tips and discussion on Boat parts/boat maintenance.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM
HDH

Default Any Evinrude Etec Owners?

I just repowered with a new 90 Hp Etec and so far I love it. Of course it being new helps. It is a big diffrence on gas that is for sure. I also like the quietness of it while trolling and just turn key for fast starts with no fast idle needed as my old Mercury but I can't complain on that old girl either 14 Years of dedicated service and a many striper put in the boat over the years. With the new fuel injection on fast idle puts the etec in to winterization mode as I was shown and also I read in the manual. Also they claim 3 years of no maintenace I guess time will tell on that one. The way they build them now days you almost have to take it to a dealer to find out what is wrong with them with the computer technology they have, no more back yard mechanics involved! How about it guys how do you like yours? Any Troubles, Problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Any Evinrude Etec Owners?

everything i see and hear about them is good they have alot of torque like the 4 strokes we just replaced a transome in a customers boat the 225 was a bit much for his aged bass boat but we got him all fixed up and he is good to go now i will say this it was the easiest motor i ever removed and reinstalled everything is plugs
Old 09-21-2007, 07:04 PM
HDH

Thanks for your comments Glassman, I was thinking I was the only one that knew what an Evinrude was. I had heard alot of good things also and I do own a another evinrude since 93 and she is awesome so I had to repower so I chose the Etec. I believe that the money I am saving in gas and oil it will probably pay for itself. They are supposed to be coming out with the smaller HP Etecs soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 AM

Im running a 1995 evinrude 150 hp 2 stroke on a 20ft reaction i rebuilt the motor last spring we bored it .0020 over took .0010 off the heads put in a balanced crank new reeds changed the electronics package and rejetted the carbs all 6 of them also after all of that i had to reprop it from a 19 to a 21 pitch she runs about 68-70mph at 6000 rpm total cost in parts about $1900 and change and it is fun as hell to drive. But if i had to replace the engine it would be a etec. I burn alot of fuel but nobody said owning and using a boat was cheap piss on a 4 stroke the horse power to weight ratio sux
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Slayer

So about how much did milling the heads bounce your compression?Does it run smooth or is it kind of choppy now?How much larger are the jets you stuck in it?