Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Flounder Poachers Busted in Boston Harbor!

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  StriperHyper 
#1 ·
My friend and I were fishing in Boston Harbor Sunday for flounder. These two guys in a boat next to us were putting small flounder into their cooler. My friend yelled at them and they put one back in the water (so they knew what they were doing was wrong). After that, they continued to sneak them in the cooler. My friend was so mad I thought he was going to start throwing weights at them so I suggested he call the environmental police as an alternative. Once we found the right number they were great - called us back, got a description of the boat, and we got to watch the guys get busted 20 minutes later only 30 feet from our boat. I think they had four under sized fish in the cooler but it was hard to hear with the wind. Anyway, I normally don't rat on people but poachers are enough to put me over the edge. All the other boats around us where throwing back the shorts except these assholes. Also - did you ever try and filet a 11" flounder? More work than it's worth so why keep them?

#3 ·
If I may quote Nelson from the Simpson's "Ha-Ha"!!!!! Serves them right, I hope they start cracking down up here on the Saco, friggen poachers were rampant last year......every striper caught last year by these jackasses was being gutted and filleted on site and the carcasses thrown back in to rot. What a friggen waste, ruins it for the rest of us. Don't feel bad Bostonfisher, I'm no rat either, but I'd call the environmental po-po in a heartbeat if I saw these clowns pulling that shit. Keep on keeping on man, good luck on the hunt.

StriperHyper ~ Will

#5 ·
It's good to hear everyone agrees that we need to put a stop to it. Judging by the size of these guys boat (12' row boat) the fine is probably going to cost them a lot of money and hopefully they learn a lesson. You should have seen the look in the officers face as he starts measuring the flounder and seeing all the shorts! It was pretty funny. The best part was that when the police tied up to them, it caused their anchor to drag and stir up the bottom. The poachers had to reset after the police left so we anchored over their old spot where the bottom was stirred up before they could get back there and nailed a few nice flounder while they were watching :navy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.