Walk For Autism Resource Center Support - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Walk For Autism Resource Center Support

As some of you may know, and the rest are about to find out, my son Andrew has been diagnosed with PDD(pervasive developmental disorder), which is categorized as a disorder within the Autism spectrum. Andrew was given the official diagnosis about 4 years ago, I can tell you the road leading to that diagnosis was very very difficult, not only for Andrew but for his Mother and I. Andrews mother, Jennifer has been my Hero and Andrews savior during that journey. The Autism Resource Center was definatley a burden lifter for all of us. The information and support given to us by the center has helped us improve Andrews quality of life today as well as for the future. Andrew, I believe, will grow up to be a good person who WILL be able to function and thrive in society, unlike children who do not recieve proper support. I know first hand that the right support for a troubled child makes all the difference in the world.
Show your support by donating to the Autism Resource Center's Walk for Autism. heres a link to donate online through Andrews page or you can contact the Center directly or send me a PM for more info. http://www.firstgiving.com/phelpsteam

Oh..i forgot to mention 1 out of every 166 children are diagnosed with one form or another of Autism.

Thanks for your supprort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Walk For Autism Resource Center Support

Come on Guys dig in.

Very worthy cause for a good man and his family.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Beave

Jim,
I feel for you. My wife designs and runs program for children with autism. This is a terrible disease that effects to many children, primarly boys. There have been numerous reasons as to what causes this disease and the one that seems to be most accepted is the mercury agrent used to preserve immunzation shots. I personally have made sure both of my childrens shots have been scattered and contain no mercury/ themerasal. I would also like to let the good people here know of a fund raising dinner/auction coming soon run by the C.A.N. organzation. This will be held at Indian Valley Country Club in Soudertown, PA. I will give more details as I get them. Jim keep up the faith you and your family have our support. Please let me know if I or possibly my wife could do anything to help.

Last edited by TunnelJetPaul; 03-15-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: addresed to wrong person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Andrew is doing very well now, hes in a specialized school program which knows a thing or two about whats going on and The support my family has recieved since his diagnosis is absolutely awesome, thats why i really feel the need to support the Autism Resource Center. Im not too worried anymore about my families situation, I really believe the negative hard times are behind us. Im sure we will have some mountains to conquer, but at least now we know what to pack for the trip.
Its the families who dont know whats going on, they are the ones that need support, for better futures for thier children. i am thankful for the response so far from all of you and i know that families who will get the support and most importantly the children themselves thank you as well.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

I just want to make sure everyone is aware, any donations will go to fund the Autism Resource Center, not to the individual families associated with this fundraiser. The Center obvously needs cash to operate, I can personally say that what they do is very helpful to families dealing with Autism.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Official Member

Jim,

My son is 11 and has Asperger's Syndrome.. (also on the autism spectrum)... I'd love to chat by phone sometime if you are interested.. Ian has made HUGE strides but middle school is a big challenge..

pm your phone number if you would be interested in a chat at some point..

My wife too, is a hero to our family.. I've got some great resources and am sure you do to.. we should catch up..

Peace!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 AM
First Mate

Very touching . . . I will see what I can do.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

i would like to thank everyone who donated to the autism resource center. the walk was saturday april 22nd in worcester, and i can say i was amazed at how many people were there participating. again, thanks for the support.