Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

I wanna go fishing sooo BAD!!!!!

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  BostonBoy 
#1 ·
Its killing me...a couple of people have reported fish being caught...and I just saw Cuz's pics from his trip out on his boat...

I WANNA GO FISHING!!! :cry: ...

I'll probably try Freshwater this weekend...but its not the same... :cry:
...Plus the boat isn't going in until MAY.... :cry:

#3 ·
I went out today with the new tica libra spooled with 30 pound power pro on a sunami 7 1/2 footer pluggin with the chicken scratcher. :lol: Saw Zim Meister at his favorite spot. BS'd a while and clowned with some plugs.
Went to my quiet spot deadsiticked the tica 10 footer with clams and worms. 1 hit on clams. spent about 2 hrs in the harbor. I was the only one there. worked a bit of the outgoing after a long trip from Wilwood. 75 bucks in gas Do you believe it? :cry:

#6 ·
guest said:
How'd the Tica cast with the PP on it.
Hi guest.

8)

Tica worked like a charm. Nice little reel. Casted 60 or 70 yards. I dont have a good sense of distance from shore. If I had to dash it I would say 100 yrds. :lol: (Also drop dead from heart attack) Seems smooth and sturdy. If it rips apart I'll hand line the bastid. :lol:

#9 ·
Stripersteve said:
If it rips apart I'll hand line the bastid.
hope you got gloves with you Jim, I don't even wanna think what that stuff is gonna do to my hands if I grab onto it........
Last time I grabbed the line on the drag It burned my skin and made a cut almost all the way to the bone.... yikes... and ouch, hurt for a good 2-3 weeks. So definately make sure you got some nice gloves.

#12 ·
Yea it takes a little gettin used too. As well as keepin it taught when reelin it in. The Tica handles the braid nicely. It is a tiny little thing compared to the Penn 9500. :lol:

#13 ·
:lol: Watch out for that guest dude, heard he was trouble. :lol:

My Tica is all ready to work..i have mine spooled up with 30# PP also.

i should talk to the Tica when i have a chance, just to tell it what to expect. since i like to chase around the Blues when their in town and i have nothing to do, nor the time to head for the beach for linesiders. If anyone is going to blow the Tica apart, i would put my money on me hahaha. Thats not a boast either, i just know that i come upon alot of Blues in my travels.

Funny you should compare the 9500 and the tica...thats the way they hang on my shelves, right next to eachother. looks Tiny next to the Penn bigboy. I don't judge though, she will work like all the rest of my reels...HARD !!!

That Powerpro could be considered a weapon....dont try to break it with your hands or try to yank fish with it, it will cut through you quick and painfully. either use two peices of wood to break it or you can cut it nicely with fingernail clippers. when i'm plugging with it, i have cut all the fingers except my casting finger, off one of my old golf gloves, works reall nice. tape wore out, bandaids disintegrated. If your hung up on something and want to try pulling to get your rig lose....manually hold your spool and point the rod towards the snag and walk backwards.

:twisted: craig aka guest aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.