Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 STRIPER REPORTs

189K views 438 replies 98 participants last post by  bassinbrian 
#1 ·
Post any 2015 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of lunkers in the near future.
Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes.

Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats.

Thanks and good luck all !

#121 ·
Launched out of Corning Preserve, fished from 0600-1230. Started with frozen, only the cats were interested. 0830-0845 jigged up 2 herring, chunked it, which promptly resulted in a 29'' and a 22''. About an hour later lost a good solid striper. Game over. Game 2 tomorrow.

Spoke to another and he caught 3 herring, no stripers.

Water clarity about 5', temp when we left was 50.2ish.

#125 ·
Traveled from Troy and fished all day from shore in Port Ewen with chunk. No takers. One guy landed a a nice 34 1/2". Well deserved fish for a Port Ewen local named Herald as he's fished that spot every day since April 1st. I was happy for him, though I would have been happier for me! Herring were nonexistent, and I was told thay have been for several days. Next week ( didn't I say that last week?!?!).

#133 ·
Took my 4yo son out fishing in Greene for a bit this morning. Heard herring beat the the shore ONCE. Had my gill net soaking for a good 30mins while tossing out a stoolie. Only ended up with two. My boy assisted me while pulling in a fat 32". Heading back out shortly. Hopefully things pick up here again.

#135 ·
Dropped the boat at Catskill today and fished a few hours. Got 2 herring from a guy leaving. Good thing because I couldn't jig up any. I marked a few schools of herring and sporadic stripers but no takers.. I'll be back out tomorrow and the weekend. I did jig up a white Perch.

#136 ·
Fished North of Albany today 4/30 from 9-3, we got 4 bass two in live two in chunk, few huge catfish as well

Best of day was 17lb 34"

Also got two 12lbers 29" and 30"

Most interesting was the one my buddy caught on a huge live herring, we were pulling up baits to move and he barely noticed it was there, it was a smaller fish (didn't weigh or measure) with the herring lodged in it's throat, the actual fish wasn't hooked, fish safety removed and returned

#144 ·
That 2nd pic explains the 10 or so runs i had that i just couldn't get hooked. Set the hook early and pull the bait out of the mouth of the fish or let it run and they would drop it.

I did manage two .... one 32 and one 28.125 .... i tried to figure a way to shrink it half an inch but couldn't :smiley17e:

#138 ·
Fished Thursday 10-6. Launched at HH and went as far as Coyemans. Had 1 run that could have been a cat but it seemed a little long for that. Landed 4 fat catfish; spent the day changing bait (last seasons herring thawed), cats were loving it. I wasn't seeing much on the sonar either. Didn't spend much time working on herring as they seemed mostly nonexistent. When I came in someone told me he was getting a few followers on a stoolie but not much. Didn't hear of any stripers landed.

Also managed to dump my boat on the ramp, my antique crank apparently does not lock up so well anymore. Steep ramp + roller trailer + bad cog = Scary, but no harm done. Thanks to the fella that walked over to help and didn't just point and laugh :)

soon soon.

#145 ·
You realize that a striper put on ice will shrink about 1/2 -1" in a half hour. This means your slightly longer than 28" stripers will be legal when DEC checks you at the dock and the marginal 40" stripers will quickly become illegal. I have not seen where they accounted for this in the regs.

#147 ·
After work all week we couldn't wait to hit the water all weekend. Well timing was great and we got some Striper slime on our hands.

:mental:

Boated 6 and missed just as many (short runs and ones you have on and fell it pull out of the basses mouth half way in. Lot of small fish around but better ones mixed in too.

A few shorties, most right around 30" range , and one nice 37" by my buddy. Mix of anchor & a little drifting in the aft. This weekend should be great.

Good luck to all !!!

:icon_thelmutsalute:
BB

#150 ·
Went out with my son for a bit this am. Bait was everywhere. Took home a 28" for dinner.

Heading out for a bit in the am. Good luck to all those in the RVW tournament. That 28" could have possibly won it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.