Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

My beach is gone

Tags
beach
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
Stopped down to Belmar today after work to have a look around, damn NE wind is still there, surf is churning, and eating the damn beach. High tide debris line is back by the boardwalk.....my usual fishing spot is under 6 feet of water right now, about 60 feet out to sea. I'm seeing stuff on the beach, that I had no idea was there.
So much for beach replenishment :roll:
And it's not even a storm.....maybe Nature is just putting her beaches back the way she wants them.
So I'm out there looking around, yakking with some stragglers, and a guy shows up with his bucket and rod, and sets up......I let him make his cast and walked over just to see if he knew anything good, and it's Bruce! I haven't seen Bruce in 10 years, we used to work together and got along real well, I knew he fished then but had forgotten all about it. So what the hell, now I have an excuse to go get the rod and reel, and kill a couple of hours. The perfect ending to this story would be to tell you about the fish, but life's not like that.
Is this crap ever gonna move off?
Ed

#2 ·
Ed

Ed I had the same problem up in SI. Discouraging. I dont like gettin skunked, but I cant just look at it and not fish it. I couldnt find any clear water from the beach. Its a bit clearer but not much. Thankfully it was balmy out and when my boots took on water I didnt freeze to death. I ran into a few ole friends myself last night. Die hard surf fishermen. They were getting there as i was leaving. They feel the tide was best in that spot from high to low. I left 2 hours after high. Hopefully this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.