Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

1337's Fishing Log

10K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  stmn0 
#1 ·
Well I decided to start a fishing log today even though I hardly get to go fishing. I'll update whenever I catch anything worth posting about. :lol:

July 6, 2005-John Doe Lake
I found this new lake today which is hidden on the side of the highway. I went with my bro and some friends cause it looked pretty shaddy there and it was already 7:30 p.m. To get to the actual fishing spot you had to walk quite far, but the walk was all worth it. They all used nightcrawlers while I used lures and soft plastics. My first cast was with an Excalibur Pop'n Image, from good ole Bill Dance. During my first retrieve a bass hit it hard with its tail. I continued using the lure for another 10 min with no luck. So I swithced to my YUM Wooly Hawgtail in June Bug color. On the first cast I hooked a LB. I thought it was a schoolie untill I actually pulled it out of the water and weighed it, 6lbs, this was my very first hawg ever and I didn't bring the camera! Next cast I hooked aother one which was 4lbs. When I reeled in these guys they gave a really good fight and they both jumped out of the water like 5 times. Things slowed down and we only got to fish for 45 min. I was the only one who caught fish today! It's a good thing that I saw that lake cause it's hard to find a good lake around here with bass that size. :wtg:

See less See more
#27 ·
Damn leet, you gots some learning to do. lol.

6 pounds is a nice fish, I caught a 6.5 pounder about 2 weeks ago, my stupid brother, who is majoring in Photojournalism, brought his camera with about 1 grand of stuff on it, (lenses, flash, etc) and he only brought 1 roll of film.. that had 3 exposures left. Ha. So he ran out of film before he could take a pic. I was mad. But I was just happy I caugth such a nice fish, this thing took me about 10 minutes to bring in, and I revived him and let him go to b caught another day :)

#28 ·
September 10, 2005

I forgot to mention this. Saturday night I went riding at some skatepark at around 9:00 p.m. I went to do a 360 transfer and I was going way to fast and over rotated. I ended doing a 360 on my ankle and couldn't go to the ER till the next day cause my parents were in Atlantic City. It sucked cause I couldn't put any pressure on the foot at all so I had to crawl and hop around my 3 story home! That whole night I couldn't sleep and the pain was a 8iatch! So, the following day we went to the ER which surprisingly the wait was only one hour compared to my previous waits of 6 hours! They took some x-rays and it turns out I just sprained my ankle and the doc told me that it would take a minimum of 6 weeks to heal. He gave me brand new crutches and I went on my way. So, I have to crutch my way around school and work, I can't drive my brand new car that I just got since it's manual, can't go riding, and most importantly I can't go to my fishin spots for a good month and a half. crybaby2.gif

#31 ·
Jeez Leet, ya gotta take care of yourself..... broken bones, strains and sprains all come back to haunt you.....If I knew then (when I was younger and wiser ) what I know know(as an old fool) gettin' out of bed ech day would be a whole lot painless....

I once fish an entire summer with a cast on from my shoulder to my wrist.... wasnt easy but I fished!

I'm sure you'll find a way to wet a line....
Take care
Roc

#33 ·
dude that sucks.in 4th grade i broke my arm a week before my b-day.jumped off the back of my dads truck dunked a bball and fell on it from 10 feet. all the way through the bone angry5.gif the first week i didnt get any sleep it hurt so bad. every night my dad would give me adult doses of pain killer drunken_smilie.gif i was out of school 2 weeks on docs orders :) about a week after i broke it we had the biggest snow of the year. w whopping 1 foot :) .i know it wont sound like much to u and being from idaho it wasnt much 4 me but its enough to sled in and we only get 1 like that a year.then my first week back in school i had the writing test. because i had a cast on i got to tell someone what to write, so i didnt misspell any words, and the graders could read it ;) .this year my freind won a skate lesson with a pro hocky player(Rod Brindamor hurricanes captain :) )for him and 2 freinds (me and our freind) and 15 min into it he was doing stops and fell back on his leg and shattered his shin and the other bone down there we didnt think it was broken and were laughfing :bigcry: he had his cast on for 8 weeks and cant walk w/out a boot for 2 more weeks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.