Who makes a nice - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance Tips and discussion on Boat parts/boat maintenance.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
First Mate

Default Who makes a nice

18-20 center console with the console closer to the front of the boat. I do most of my fishing from the back of the boat, so I'm trying to find one that give me lots of room. My current set up is 16 feet and I moved the center console way up front. I have enough room to get around it and I can fish from up front, but I'd like to get into something a tad bigger. I still need to be able to get onto the flats at high tide, and handle the rough stuff at the month at the outgoing and in case the weather kicks up before I can get back to the ramp. Need room enough for a 30 gallon portable live well when the mackerel are running. I'm running a 15 gallon now and it needs to get bigger. Seems like most of the center consoles in the 18 - 20 foot range hug the back of the boat.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 12:06 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Who makes a nice

Z-

Don't know what the brand is but there's one on rte 1 south in salisbury.(Right side) set back in a parking lot. Needs work...

Doesn't have a 4-sale sign on it...But it hasn't moved either. Looks like
it could use new power though.

Mako makes a nice center console.

That one on rte 1 is a little longer than your range. Going into the flats
wouldn;t be a problem though...

Unless I'm rich...I'd never buy new!

--cal
Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Who makes a nice

Thanks...

New isn't going to happen. To expensive and they loose value quick the first couple years. I'll check out the one on Rt1. Repowering or getting one with a recent repower might be the way to go. Having a reliable motor is most important.