Goin to a REAL Pokah Tourney - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default Goin to a REAL Pokah Tourney

Tomorrow, my friend Jay and I will be heading down to Hudson, NH to play in a No Limit Texas Hold Em tournament. $100 buy-in. 1st prize is $3000. 2nd is $1500. 3rd is a $1000. We, as reps. for 3Pair Poker Club, are going to show people the meaning of our slogan....."All Out". They go "all in"......we go ALL OUT. ALL........OUT.........WAR.

Wish me luck. I want that 3K 8)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2005, 04:38 PM

Good luck JB 8) You'll need the 3K for the new fish tank.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 PM

Good luck Jonny! Did you see the season premier of the WPT wed night? Gabe Kaplin(welcome back Kotter) finished 3rd! The guy that finished 2nd reminded me of Mit, think his name was Lee. :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM

Don't bet on the inside straight!

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:59 AM

Thanks guys! And I will definitely be playin tight till I get to tha final table lol.

I missed that WPT Weds. night. I had to go out for my friend Paul's B-Day. I did go to Hooter's in Salem NH though ;) Gabe Kaplin is awesome. Welcome Back Kottah RULES. I wish I could find it on tha boob tube

Old 03-06-2005, 02:14 AM

Just got home. Gut wiped out. Out of 150 people, I was out at the fifth table, 50th sumthin place. Jay was out a hand or 2 before me. Weird. Played well though, bet well especially, and picked up some big pots. I was up well over $6000 in chips at one point, then within about 4 to 5 hands, I was down and out. The blinds were going up too fast, and they added the Antes for everyone after about 75 people were out, so it was getting expensive. I got beat by Quads (4 of a kind). Some older dood, that I had previously beaten BADLY 3 hands in a row, got the 4 of a kind on the turn. I dropped a King on the river for 2 pair, Kings over Fives, so I went all in, and the guy obviously called. He got sick of me bullying him around and blowing him off big pots, and he got lucky and got the quads and sent me packin'. Atleast I got beat by a good hand. Jay got wasted by some big bald dood that looked like a mix between a bulldog and a bulldozer lol. Jay had a pair, went all in, and the guy called him with a Straight draw. The Bulldozer made his straight on the turn, and Jay was all done. Can anyone say SUCK-OUT win? Thats like the worst way to lose....that, and gettin beat by a kicker lol. I beat some guy out of a huge pot with the Big Slick (Ace/King). The dood had Ace/Queen, and after the River, we turned em up and he was some pissed of at me LMAO I thought he wanted to fight, but turns out he simmered down and ended up being pretty cool. He even bought me a beer. But I admit, I'd be a little irked too if I lost that way

All in all, it was pretty cool. Had fun. Met some cool people. But whoever organized it made a few mistakes along the way.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:43 AM

You went all in on a Full house??? Kings over Fives??? Is that waht I'm getting here??? WHY????

No, I'm just kidding, I would do the same thing. Haha.

Last time I played poker I got a full house Aces over Kings, and I lost to four of a kind. I was FURIOUS

Nice try though johnny. As long as you had fun :D
Old 03-08-2005, 03:16 AM

LOL. I didnt have a house, I had k's ovah 5's. Tha skunk across from me had quads.

Cost me 150 smackers. The top prize was SUPPOSED to be 3K. Then after we get our chips, sit down, and just about start the tournament...the announcer says there has been a change and the purse is 2k lol. 2k for 1st, 1k for 2nd, and 500 for 3rd. 4th through 8th got something too. It was organized by amateurs, it was the first time they had ever done one. Like I said, they messed up several things, but it was still fun. When we started out, my whole table was all noobies, 'cept 1 or 2 other doods. I was only concerned with the dood next to me, the rest of em werent a threat. One kid at my table was like "yeah, I dont think anybody here knows what they are doing". I just laughed. Definitely not a Pro, but far from a sap lol. I was one of the only guys out of 150 people that could let my ego go, and bluff and tell people I never played LMAO Jay was on the table behind me, and at the start I could hear him telling people how much he plays everyday and all that jive. People asked me and I was like "Naw, first time....take it easy on me". However, the dealer did bust me during the conversation because she saw me doing chiptricks lol. She asked if everyone had played before, and she immediately looks at me and says "I know you have". I was like, nope. No ma'am.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Oh, so you had 2 Pair?

Why would you go all in on 2 pair, I wouldn't do that. Three of a kind beat 2 pair.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:00 PM

good try Jonny
Old 03-08-2005, 09:56 PM

and Mitt woulda gone all in on a pair of swans
Old 03-09-2005, 12:41 AM

LOL, Mitt.

I went all in because I made my King on the river, and tha dood across from me was checking all the way to the river. He was slow playing. Plus, I was pot commited from raising before the flop, I only had about 600 hundred dollars in chips left.

Old 03-12-2005, 03:48 AM

There is another No Limit Texas Hold Em Tourney down Scheebrook boy. Seabrook American Legion. Ike nut. Password is Budweisah LMAO J?K. But seriously, it's only 50 smackers to play, 25 dollar re-buys. 1st prize is $599.

I'm thinkin bout goin.