Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Atlas Reels for stripers

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Captain Ahab 
#1 ·
Anyone use Atlas reels for catching stripers? if so wich model and how did it perform? Thinking of getting one..looks good for the money

#3 ·
Atlas reels are the Chinese Avet...I have a lefty Avet sx Made in America for the same price as an Atlas 200 $169.00. I must say I considered the Atlas which are the same as omotos ( West Coast ), Just marketed under a different name here on the East Coast. The guys who I know who have them say they are great little reels. For Me, they are just too new on the market to purchase one for myself.

One quick note, The Atlas reels are assembled here in Bricktown N.J. from foreign parts, and customer service is great because its local for the guys I know who have them.

#6 ·
I use a Atlas Legend 200 and love it - used for both tog and stripers for the past two years (over 100 trips) and have had ZERO issues - reason I gave it a try was the great warranty and refund policy

Here is what they offer over at Atlas: They will "buy back" any Atlas Product and replace it with another reel of equal value from any other manufacturer of your choice. No one else in the industry can match The Atlas Guarantee.

It casts well and the amount of drag (22lbs) for the money is great - I will be giving it a tuna test this year as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.