New member from CT - Paul - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Official Member

Default New member from CT - Paul

Hi y'all (spent a few decades South) - thanks for inviting me aboard!

It is probably hard for some of you to believe how fortunate you are to be able to go striper fishing.

For me, after growing-up watching my dad and his friends fish near the Niantic bridges, stripers are what it's all about. But, the fates seem to have other ideas.

First - I spent 20+ years in TN - far from the ocean (I loved the Striper 101 thread where guys were saying the '0' in the hook size was for 0cean - laugh-out-loud funny).

Now, for the past 5-years, I've been back in the Nutmeg State (which literally means the state will lie and cheat to sell you something - not dissing CT, just talking history) and it ain't getting any easier.

Like now - sure I live in CT, but Monday thru Friday I'm in working Harrisburg, PA. So, I can hardly give up any time for fishing when I only have two-days to spend with the wife (yes, I really am that nice of a guy).

So, for this year the plan is to:
1) Start early - like now
2) Take the wife along

The second part may be the easiest - she's already been very content to sit on the grass at Harkness and watch me hook black fish. And she's sat on the Wellfleet docks while smaller blues were attacked.

So - with this year's mild weather I'm thinking it's time to hit some of the over-wintered schoolies.

Where you can help is by pointing me to some likely spots. I've heard about a pier across the river from New London (so, that must be Groton), and a spot in Bridgeport.

Can anyone give specific directions for getting to these places? And - feel free to suggest other places (i won't tell).

I would also appreciate any advice on fishing them. The box already has Sluggos and a few plugs, jigs, diamonds, etc from trips (already 2-years ago) to the Enfield Dam.

Thanks everybody! It's great to see this sport full of such vibrant and helpful people.

Paul
Berlin, CT (at least, on the weekends)

p.s. crazy8 refers to my car, not to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM

Default Re: New member from CT - Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul!!