Hello my name is Fuzzy,
I hope you are having a nice day. I am new to surf fishing. I plan on going surf fishing in New Jersey this summer to be more specific Island Beach State Park.
I plan on buy this:
Amazon.com: Shakespeare Medium Action Ugly Stik Bigwater Combo, 10-Feet:...
I plan on strictly fishing on the beach. I want to just cast my line and set my rod on a sand spike. I do not want to be jigging or anything. So my five questions are:
1. Is a 10 foot rod appropriate for surf fishing?
2. Is a medium, heavy action rod an ideal action for a surf fishing rod?
3. What lb and kind of line do I need for a 10 foot, medium heavy action rod? And how does one go about matching the proper lb test line to match their rod?
5. What should the rod be rated?
4. Any other things I should know about surf fishing?
Thank you and happy fishing!