Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Tips on getting memory out of monofilament

8K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  sea sea rider 
#1 ·
Today i re-lined my rod with mono and i noticed it already had some memory right out of the box, and i was wandering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the memory out ( if there is a way)

Thanks

#5 ·
i should have. its a little late though i already put like 150yrds on my reel :(

i was watching a show on "oln" and a guys said tie ur line to a tree walk away 40 yrds or so and make ur line tight for like 1min or u can put a lure or a weight in the water behind ur boat let the bail out and troll a little and that will supposedly take the memory out. i donno :roll: it is really bad memory too not just little hoops BIG ones, so if those tricks dont work i might just throw it out and buy some power pro.

Thanks

#7 ·
memmory in mono can be a PITA, I've found that as i reline my spools,I"drag" the line through a piece of wet sponge,it helps keep the line tight on tne spool,but most importantly,as the mono absorbs the water from the sponge,most of the nastiness will dissapear.

You can try taking a strip of an old cotton rag,towel or cloth,wet it and wrap it around the spool,the line calms down..... If that dont work.....follow Mr Bolts advise!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.