April 26th Pond report - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default April 26th Pond report

Hit tha pond yestahdee with 2 of my nephews. The thing was just stocked, and it seems to have been ravaged already. People take home every single trout they catch. It's really to the point of actually aggravating me nowadays. Some Humanoids just drive me insane.

Anyhow, even though we didnt hook up with any Trout, we managed some Largemouth Bass, all coming on Dilly worms. I didnt have my gear with me, and was using what I had available. If I had my spinners and buzzbaits I may have hooked up with something a little more sizeable. Didnt see anything over a pound. But it was still nice to get out in the sun and on some water. Nice to feel a fish hit lol. Plus the kids had fun and caught some as well.

In ending, I just cannot understand the "keep every fish caught" mentality. And when it comes to Striped Bass, I absolutely cannot understand the "keep every keeper" thought process. I just cannot comprehend the actions of some people that are out on the water fishing. It boggles my mind. I am totally and utterly baffled by it lol. "Let's leave zero fish in the water for anyone fishing after us, or for the kids in the future". Take everything and leave NOTHING. I just shake my head in disgust....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2005, 08:56 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Went out fishin again today. Hit the "Secret Stream" for some Trout first, got nothin'. My bud Chad managed 1 Brookie. 'Bout it. Walked all the way out there, managed to slip and fall and get wet to my knees, and got nothing for the effort lol. I usually hammer em out there too.

As we were leaving that spot, seemed the sun was coming out. Nope, started to rain again. Chad went home and I hit the pond again. Rubbish fishing. Needs to be warmer, and this rain has got to stop. The water is just too high all around. Crappy fishing.

Cant wait for the water to go down in the Lamprey so I can hit up some big Bucketmouths. Then its time for my Striped friends :)