Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2 stroke oil................

Tags
oil stroke
4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  BACKBAYJ 
#1 ·
Makes people stupid.................................

I watched a blitz today, formed up at around 7 AM.
4 boats in the area, saw the birds, all converged, and hit the throttle.
Every single one of them powered right into the school.
Fish go down, birds disburse, fisherman scratch their heads, and cast aimlessly.
Fish come up 100 yards away, boats slam throttles, run to the middle of the blitze, fish go down again. Saw this repeated 7 times.
I busted a gut laughing.
Idiots.

#13 ·
I went to a seminar on fishing tuna and the guides stressed that when you come upon a school, do not change engine RPM. The change will surely spook them. No sound is best, but a steady sound is better than a varied sound.
Engine pitch effects fish the same way light does.... steady constant engine rpm doesnt phase them in the least... hit the trottle and game over.... same with light... a steady lights shining over head opften times attracts bait that attracts basss.. shine a headlamp on a quitly working schoola nd watch what happens...

#6 ·
I work to watch the current, wind and tides to see where they are moving...the almost inevitably move that same direction. Power about 300 yds down current, cut the motor and let them move right to you (they usually move a bit faster than the boat) I have been able to stay in them this way for amuch longer than most others out there.

I have been running into more boogans this year than last though...driving in the middle of a blitz then looking around like morons when it is gone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.