Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Making life easy through jigs and fixtures...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: Making life easy through jigs and fixtures...

Next is a lip slot cutting jig.... I use this on my table top mounted band saw, on one side I use the miter slot to keep the jig straight... a screw and washer is fitted in the bottom to hold the assembly to the table, I use the slot in the table to allow the screw to slide...

the tail stock can be adjusted front to back and is pinned, a pin in the tail stock holds the plug in place, the front "V" allows for different sized (diameter) plugs to be used then angle adjusted by moving the tail stock pin up or down...

Next is a angle jig... this jig is used in conjunction with the fence on my large band saw ( 12" throat) I use this mostly for darters but also use it for slope heads, trollers and sursters....the tail stock is pined ( I use the same ones I use for the lip slot jig) I have several tail stocks they all are interchangeable and are pinned with a singel screw holding them in place.. with this jig i can accurately and quickly cut all my angles for darters and other plugs, the tail stock and body pins make set up and break down a snap...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lip slot jig 1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	14360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lip slot jig 2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	14361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lip slot 3.jpg
Views:	211