Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Lake Pleasant this weekend
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Arizona Striper Guy

Default Re: Lake Pleasant this weekend

I have a hot spot I'm going to Memorial Day weekend Sunday. I caught 18 there last weekend in about 2 hours.

On the west end of the dam, opposite side from the Pleasant Harbor Marina, there is an island that is right next to the shore - I'm sure when the water gets lower, it will be a peninsula. It's very possible that you could wade across to it, I didn't check as I went there by boat. It is in walking distance from the Roadrunner campground off the South Park Road. Check this link:

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_p...th-park-3d.pdf

At the bottom of the map in the right corner by the number 15, you'll see the round island I'm talking about. The island is high and steep, the water gets deep fast. I used cut anchovies and a 3/4oz slip sinker. Deadly. The lake gets full in the spring and gets lower as the water is used in the summer. Judging from the depth map, that spot should stay good even when the water goes down - it shows 120 feet deep off of the island. I'll be there on Sunday 5/25/2008. By the way, there is no limit on stripers - keep them all. Good Luck guys....

kw