Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Summer striper fishing on Lake Hartwell in GA/SC
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Summer striper fishing on Lake Hartwell in GA/SC

bad-angler,

My wife is from Pomaria, in Newberry County. Her father and mother both work in Columbia. We live in Anderson, and I bought a 22 ft center console back at the end of March. I am new to striper fishing and became an instant addict after catching two 15 pounders at the end of May. Had great luck in June fishing in the creeks and rivers of Lake Hartwell. I would catch between five and eight stripers just about everytime I went out. Most all of them being in the 8 to 12 lb range. In July my luck went South. Everyone was saying that the stripers were moving out in the big waters near the dam. I would fish down in that area with very little luck. I guess I will have to wait until the weather turns cooler and the stripers move back into the creeks and rivers. I still go out about twice a week and try new places. I did run into some last night but only caught two. Neither were of any good size. I still ask everyone that I know who striper fishes to give me some tips. I know I will learn more the longer I fish.