Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

stripers and wipers

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Slowretrieve 
#1 ·
Hey you all I'm new to this site and to fishing strippers . We just bought a boat and are learning the techniques of fishing with a boat. We have been staying local in Meenan's cove New Brunswick Canada . I guess the question we have is how do you get them biting we have tried almost every lure we have and nothing. The fish finder shows many fish but no luck any tips would be greatly appreciated Thanks from me and my partner (my lovley wife).

#2 ·
Hey guys. There are several members from up your way may give you a heads up on what might be working.
I think they use gaspereau (sp) ( a type of sea herring) as bait cut into chunks.
They migration south should just about be getting underway in your part of North America.
Welcome again. :smile:

#3 ·
Welcome aboard, guys. Is it wipers you're seeing, or stripers? I'm assuming you're fishing coastal, in which case you probably will get more precise information up in the striper room. If it's wipers, let us know and we'll flood you with information.

Good Fishing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.