Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

First Paint

Tags
paint
3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Ed White 
#1 ·
Well, the airbrush arrived today, and since I had a blank all primed up and ready to go, I squirted some paint at it, let it dry for a while, and just now epoxied it, with a litlle silver glitter in the epoxy. Could have done without the handbrushed gill/fin thingies on the side, but overall I'm happy with it, tomorrow the hooks go on and into the bag it will go.
I have 2 more blanks, one primed, 1 waiting for sealer to dry off, so I'll be a painting fool here this weekend, especially if the weather goes south like they're saying it will.
Tailwrap is "sideways" to accomodate a siwash hook on a split ring.
Full picture tomorrow.

Surfboard Sports equipment Automotive design Automotive exterior Surfing Equipment

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet !

You should come over one day we can talk a little pluggage

A bunch of the guys - Dig mentioned Gary, Chumbucket, ArneP (the regular Shark River crew) plus Big Rock, Twisted Whistle........ are talking about getting together over at Diggers one day soon. I'll let you know when.

#5 ·
Yup, what Roc said

A way around the wait is to use Createx auto air paints and hit em with a hot blow dryer. Something about using the heat to cure/cross link, all I know is they look good and can be epoxied in an hour.

#7 ·
Thanks jimi!
Sudsy,Roc,
Being the impatient sort to start with, I had my wife's hairdryer going after each color was applied, paint was hard before I wired it and epoxied.....that being said, I agree with roc, it's a good idea to let ALL the chemicals flash off the paint before you apply any other coatings, BUT, I'm the impatient sort, so after I had the color on the plug, I had to see what it would look like with the epoxy on it.
And now you can see what it looks like with the hooks on it:

Table Skateboard Floor Wood Flooring

#13 ·
"Whore Shadow"
That's real catchy, Roc, you should patent that.
A guy at work says that he has an older hobby style wood lathe in his basement that he is going to dig out and give me.....we'll see, he's a cheap bastid so it may be junk, either way, fishing is about to start and the plug bag is full and then some, so the lathe and drill press can wait till next fall, when I'll be able to devote more time to it.
Meanwhile, here fishyfishyfishy......

#15 ·
I only own one needle roc, it's a Choopy, and I bought it 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I've only cast it so far just to see it swim, has a nice lazy wiggle action to it, it's a slow sinker. I have no idea how to fish it, so I'll be learning.
It's the yellow one in the pic.

Trigger Office supplies Writing implement Line Air gun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.