Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you guys actively work to get in shape for the surfcasting season.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Official Member

Default Do you guys actively work to get in shape for the surfcasting season.

The last few years I have attempted to try and get my legs in shape to traverse the soft sand, the slimy rocks and the marches to distant spots all the while fending off mosquitos. For me each year it gets increasingly difficult. The stamina is almost gone. A few fish and im lying down on a rock sucking wind.
Jogging is out of the question - so ive taken to a recumbant bike and low impact exercises. There is no substitute for being in shape. Hard core surfcasting is a young mans game. True you can stand on a bluff with binoculars and watch others do the scouting - I see many sit in their cars and wait for someone to be into fish before they get out and suit up but then again there is nothing like hunting a spot in the middle of the night with the right tide and correct tactics. No one is there to key off of.

Do any of you older guys work at it to get in shape at all? Unless of course your young and in shape always anyway.