Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2009 Hudson River Striper Photos

26K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  roddenreels 
#1 ·
#6 ·
2009 Hudson Photos

Yeah tuff morning Sunday WINDY cold it was team Finn's penance day.
After 3 hours of doos to pay the Queen gave Big Joe a run a nice fight ensued and Little Joe netted the 29" male. 2more hours of DOOS and back to the barn for some thawout. Bait Large live herring 9am about 6' of water always had a chunk line out but just one run on the live in 5 hours.
My wife is making me go back to my job today. Good Luck Team Finn

Attachments

#12 ·
Dropped my new to me wellcraft 18' fisherman in the water Wednesday afternoon even though the weather was lousy. and just had to wet the lines. Caught a bunch of cats and eels but was rewarded with the fist of the season a nice little 27" schoolie on a herring head anchored - a few guys from my yacht club have landed some serious fish in the 20 and 30 pound range this week.
Tight lines

Attachments

#14 ·
Man what a morning ! thumbsup.gif

We boated 12 fish in 3 hours this morning , not to mention we missed a good number too. Lots of small ones out there but we also got into some nicer ones too.

You can tell by the pics (as we could on the rods) the difference in the skinny males and the few fat mamma stripers that we hooked up with.

Most were 31"-35" range

This pig went 37" pushing 25lbs !!

A little reminder to make sure you boaters have the proper floataion devices !!! My buddy got a ticket from dec today, no hard feelings towards them, they were doing thier job and very nice and professional about the whole thing.

Thanks for looking ! hello.gif
BB

#22 ·
Re: I see the Riverbasin has an entry already

I caught a released a 42" fish 35lbs today at 11:15am and I'm in the Riverbasin. I let my uncle haul her in and take the picture as he has never seen a fish this big. I told him they get much bigger. I couldn't see killing her
as I don't think 42" will end up in the money after it's all said and done so I let her go and it was a beautiful thing to see her swim away to hopefully
spawn and fight another day. I took a picture though of her with uncle Don holding her.:yay:

#23 ·

First trip out of 09' yielded this beauty. I passed the pole to my uncle Don
who never caught a striper and told him to hold on....lol. He had a blast.
Caught on chunk herring in the Kingston area at 11:15am. I'm in the RiverBasin but let her go as I didn't want to kill her and take the chance she got knocked out of the money anyways. I'm happy to say she swam right away....She was 42" and 35 Lbs. We caught about 8-9 more fish and lost another fish at the boat that was in the thirty pound range. All on fresh chunk herring in 25ft. Hopefully she spawns and lives to fight another day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.