Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First Stripers 247 plug swap

27K views 173 replies 17 participants last post by  Ed White 
#1 ·
OK all you plug junkies.... we finaly have more than a few plug builders here... I say it's time for the first Stripers 247 swap....Anything but needles, all the same color, keep it a secret as to what your gong to build, ....April 30th dead line.. who's in?

#32 ·
i know he aint talkin bout me ! how did i get in this? i will honestly do my best .i know my plugs are not the prettiest ,but ive got a few styles that have produced for me .i was out turnin today for this!!!:wink1:
Just make you plugs and have fun, this is not about judgment, it's about a few guys ending the winter in style while dreaming about the upcoming season...they will be fine!

#39 ·
It doesnt matter to me how many we have... I just want to make sure we each make one extra so I can mail 1 of each from us to Striper Jim, as it is his site we are using...

BTW... I finished my prototypes this weekend and turned 6, it took several tries to get the exact action I wanted, I've actualy been working on perfecting this thing for a few years... I'm making you guy's something I have never seen built before... this thing is sweet and will be a fish killer for a surfcaster or a boat man...it drills into the wind, can be fished slow on top or dive down 4'or so...

#43 ·
same with me im all done with paint dont realy want to make more.
if any one wants in i will just drop out for him to get in if that will make things easy for you guys if have been in tuns of swaps and dont want to hold back any one for a first time swap.

#45 ·
OK guy's, I dont want anyone left out, but we dont want this thing to create a problem either, it's supposed to be fun, so lets keep it that way.. we're all friends here... remember?.. OK, we are making 10 plugs, that means 9 members, and a set for JIm.. I've sent some PM's to a few of you to help work this out...

so, those that are still in need to post that they are still in by Friday 3 PM, if you want out, you have until friday to say so.. anyone NOT heard from will be removed from the list, Red Head is first altenate..

another option... anyone that doesnt mind making an extra plug ( that includes me) we can hold a mini swap within the swap to allow red head to join in.. it's up to you all...

Remember this is SUPPOSED to be fun...lets not make it a chore...

#47 ·
I'm still in and still having fun. My blanks are turned and I need to get my butt down to some salt water so I can check out the action and nail down the weighting. Once that is done, I'll finish them, water test them again, and get them over to Roc.

I started with 13. I lost one to through drilling, so I'm down to an even dozen. I've only had one get trashed so far, and I'll probably loose one more during water trials, (unless I'm real lucky in guessing the wieghting). So If I continue through the process and don't scrap any more, I should be able to participate in the mini swap because my yield will be 11. Even if I end up with 10 and can't participate in the mini swap "at this time", I'm willing to swap plugs with any builder. I'm relatively new at this and I learn by example, so whatever examples I have helps me improve. In another 10 years, or so, I might actually make a plug that catches fish....Maybe the grandkids will benifit......For now, I'm having fun and waiting for the fish to return to the river.:a_goodjob:

#48 ·
im out, iwas not trying to cause trouble for any one and am not going to get into a wise ass comment contest over the internet .i simply dont have the timeto start any from scratch again and dont want to be the only one not to include this guy ,or whoever comes after him.if this makes me look like a pissy whinebag ,so be it .

#50 ·
i dont see your situation as being a whinebag at all mully. your only one person and can only do so much with what resources you have. that goes for all of us. we all have families that need our attention also. i would love to see you in at least for the original 9...i think if roc needs to sort out one or two cases differently he will. you dont want to miss out on this, and to be honest..i was really looking forward to one of your plugs...your building is better than you may think.

#53 ·
I'm still in - I'm out of town this week but I already proto-ed mine and plan on priming and weighting this weeknd - I like the idea of the mini swap - whoever is in for 9 or 10 +1 so be it . I'm OK for the extra one- So Redhead only gets (and has to make) 7 or 8. I'm sure he's Ok with that.

Mully, Hope you reconsider. It's all about fun and I think the mini swap is a great alternative. It's all about fun guys.

Gary

#56 ·
OK this is how I see it so far:

Roccus IN
Zeema IN
Jimi4290 IN
Mully OUT
Gunnysniper IN
Jollymon IN
Ed White IN
All about fishing OUT
MikeCC... ??
Redhead7 IN

I haven't seen any follow up posts by MikeCC. So I believe he is only one
in question. Please post a follow up if this doesn't look right to anyone. If
this is right I guess it would be 7 + 1

#62 ·
OK this is how I see it so far:

Roccus IN
Zeema IN
Jimi4290 IN
Mully OUT
Gunnysniper IN
Jollymon IN
Ed White IN
All about fishing OUT
MikeCC... ??
Redhead7 IN

I haven't seen any follow up posts by MikeCC. So I believe he is only one
in question. Please post a follow up if this doesn't look right to anyone. If
this is right I guess it would be 7 + 1
I just wanted to be clear on how may I need to send.I intended to include Mike in my count, so there is a total of 8 of us in. So would that be 7 plugs plus one for Jim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.