Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Columbia area report.
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Jonaho

Default Re: Any Columbia area report.

Here I am with another report. My brother, girlfriend and I put in on Sunday morning. I tried first up by the lock with no luck that morning. In my spread I had 3 rebels solid back silver and black and silver and blue and a bucktail with a paddle tail little fishy(barrons has it all). I didn't start to pick up fish until I got just past the first big sand beach past 77. The rod that was picking up the most fish was my center rod, I had it short all day around 10-12 counts right behind the prop wash. I picked my largest fish up in the shallows (4-5 ft) which was surprisingly to me cause I would think they would want more current with the cooler water, but that wasn't the case for me. My largest fish of the day was 25". If anyone on here has heard of a anyone with a keeper on the congaree I would love to see some pics or others post. I'm feeling a little lonely over here, haha. Well guys if your reading I hope that my report has helped. Keep your lines tight and may your fishing oasis produce plentifull fishes. later