Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2007 - The Year In Review Pictorial - Stripers247

43K views 134 replies 43 participants last post by  GreatSouthBayBucktails 
#1 ·
Merry Christmas icon_santa.gif

This thread will be a year in review thread. I will combine and copy posts from other threads.
Add your highlights too if you like. Ok we'll see how it goes. I cheated a little and added ricks Video and this post predates it to 2006.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!
Lets hope 2008 brings everyone everything the've ever wanted.
50 from the surf,

Attachments

See less See more
#106 ·
Re: Montauk Thread / SO ?????????

Got a pic from kyle of one of the fish I got in Montauk. Want to get back out there

#107 ·
This was my sixth surf trip on the surf this fall and I finally shook off the skunk. My buddy and I fished the surf in three locations from CHSP to DSSP from 7:00 a.m until 4:30 p.m. Skates and doggies were providing all of the action until 2:00 when I saw my big rod twitching. It looked like another doggie the way it hit but I jumped right up anyway and began to reel. I knew real quickly that it was a fish. I suspected a blue at first but it was making a more steady determined run. I caught a glimpse of it passing through a large wave and knew it was a decent striper. I fought the fish for a few minutes then grabbed the shock leader and beached him. My first ever keeper striper from the surf.
I was pumped. 32", clean and healthy looking .

My buddy (Mr. "who needs a shock leader") lost two fish in the wash, one about 24" and one that probably went 39". The bigger fish broke his line.

Everything was caught on fresh bunker chunks.

Attachments

#108 ·
Re: Tennessee Wild Boar Hunt.

Ah only had a few shots in the throwaway worth a damn. Plenty of the girls from the Tennesse :boobs: bar but I figured you mugs didnt want to see that.
Loggy and Sean at the Lodge.

#113 ·
Thread needs a bump to the top as its a compilation year in review and a recycled thread from Dec 06 started it.
I will be adding more as i get time and find them. :wink1:

#117 ·
Re: Highlights 2007.....I GOT HOOKED!!!

My first year getting into this, and I went at it full force. I met alot of nice fellow fishermen, on the shores, boats and on this website, (thanks for the insight on the waders!! and the flattering pic zimno posted of me in my garb!)
The comraderie of fellow fishermen is great, all the people I have met have been great, insightful and generous.
I caught my first keeper striper this year on a party boat and won the pool 24lbs.........and I caught my first keeper striper from the surf 12lbs (which I can say was a great thrill, there is nothing like the rush of hooking into a nice fish from the surf)
Needless to say I think Im hooked on this, big time!
To all A very happy holiday season and a happy new year to all, looking forward to the spring run!!

#125 ·
you were not suppose to know about that! i would nevah take a pic of a bluefish with a work of art. btw, i killed him as it just felt right. i also would nevah cast it into bluefish. missed opportunities this year to even use them (yes i still have them) and jealous are they who saw em. like those new darters you did btw. bravo_sign.gif

#127 ·
yea, yea, toot your own horn.,director.gif sure sure they are the best thing since sliced bread, blah blah blah, damn yankee! :)iagree:) you see, i can make anyone laugh at any time i want, looking forward to giving you some other creations which is an altered version of what is now my favorite fly to tie. surprize surprize surprizedink.gif

#128 ·
It was Saturday of the last weekend of the 2006 NH deer season. While on stand during a drive I shot a spike buck. I have been hunting this piece of woods for years. Always was there to help someone else drag out their deer. This was the first deer I had ever shot on my buddies dad's land.

Forward fast. Last Saturday of the 2007 NH firearms deer season. Once again on stand for a drive on my buddies dad's land. About a half an hour into the sit I see an M tag come out of the swamp. Ran right up to me 32 paces and stopped. She was facing straight at me. I shot and the deer collapsed.
Never flinched, kicked or kibbyed. Quickest I have ever seen a deer expire. Shot her in the neck. In 2006 I shot the spike in the neck. They both dropped in there tracks.
She came out of the swamp directly behind her and a little to the right.

I never moved till the clan started to appear.

2007 NH M tag. 103 lb adult doe.

It was a team effort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.