Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

townsend inlet, nj, today

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sadlsorz 
#1 ·
got out down townsend inlet, sea isle city, nj. top to bottom tide. used lures and eels, last hour i chunked it while tossing rippen shads. i messed up (live and learn huh) i read that when retreiving the eel sowly and the striper grabs the eel i should open the bail and let it run 10-15 seconds, close it and set hook. well i got over excited twice had a really big hit and i tried to set the hook and all that happened was i got my eel back half gone. few cast later i did the same thing and the same thing happened only the head this time one stong hit and the eel was 2 ft long and only the head was left must have been a nice fish. live and learn i guess. i wont make the same mistake again hopefully. i also threw rippin shad by storm, jointed bomber, black and purple bomber, small 4 inch rapala jointed. nothing on those. got a flounder skate and shark. try again tomorrow. winds were gusting to 35mph with nw winds of 15-20mph. water was not clear at all. tide was not rippen though 3 and 4 oz was holding well in the inlet. still got to get my first. tight lines.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.