Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Lake Wylie South Carolina

12K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CaptainMorgan! 
#1 ·
Lake Wylie: Largemouth Bass: Good, casting bass jigs and medium-running crankbaits along points close to the bottom. Striped Bass: Good, using spoons and bucktails behind Lake Wylie dam. White Bass: Good, casting small bucktails and spoons.

#2 ·
hey hey...

i am new to the board and new to south carolina...i hail from monmouth county new jersey and am used to striper fishing the surf.
now i am located about a block from lake wylie near ebinezer park and looking forward to fishing here.

i dont have access to a boat and was wondering if there is locations that you can fish from shore locally without the fear of going onto private land or someplace i really should be...

thanks for the anticipated assistance. :D

#3 ·
Hey Bass Masterson. Welcome to the board. Streeterk is from Columbia S.C. He may be of some help if you email him. This is a post from him.

streeterk said:
If anyone is coming to s.c. to striper fish don't hesitate to send an e-mail for the latest conditions and fishing reports. i fish exclusivley on lake murray but talk to people fishing other lakes in s.c. all the time.
8)

#4 ·
LAKE WYLIE: Few people fishing due to cold weather. Largemouth Bass: Good, casting bass jigs and medium-running crankbaits along points close to the bottom. Striped Bass: Good, using spoons and bucktails behind Lake Wylie dam. White Bass: Good, below the dam casting smaller bucktails and spoons, improved.

#6 ·
LAKE WYLIE: Largemouth Bass: Good, casting spinner baits and medium-running crankbaits along points close to the bottom. Striped Bass: Good, using spoons and bucktails behind Lake Wylie dam. White Bass: Good, below the dam casting smaller bucktails and spoons. Crappie: Excellent, using small minnows and jigs around docks, piers and brush tops in 5 to 10 of water. Catfish: Good, fishing on the bottom with a variety of baits. Bream: Good. Try using earthworms and crickets around the banks.

#8 ·
LAKE WYLIE:

LAKE WYLIE: Largemouth Bass: Good, casting spinnerbaits and medium-running crankbaits along points close to the bottom. Striped Bass: Excellent, using spoons and bucktails behind Lake Wylie dam. White Bass: Good, below the dam casting smaller bucktails and spoons. Crappie: Excellent, using small minnows and jigs around docks, piers and brush tops in 5 to 10 of water. Catfish: Good, fishing on the bottom with a variety of baits. Shellcrackers: Good, using redworms and crickets on the bottom. Bream: Excellent, using earthworms and crickets around the banks.

#9 ·
LAKE WYLIE: Largemouth Bass: Good, casting spinnerbaits and medium-running crankbaits along points close to the bottom. Also topwater baits good in morning and late afternoon Striped Bass: Good, using spoons and bucktails behind Lake Wylie dam. White Bass: Good, below the dam casting smaller bucktails and spoons. Crappie: Good, using small minnows and jigs around docks, piers and brush tops in 15 to 20 feet of water. Catfish: Good, fishing on the bottom with a variety of baits. Shellcrackers: Good, using redworms and crickets on the bottom. Bream: Good, using earthworms and crickets around the banks.

#10 ·
LAKE WYLIE: Largemouth Bass: Good, casting spinnerbaits and medium-running crankbaits along points close to the bottom. Also topwater baits good in morning and late afternoon. Striped Bass: Good, using spoons and bucktails behind Lake Wylie dam. White Bass: Good, below the dam casting smaller bucktails and spoons. Crappie: Good, using small minnows and jigs around docks, piers and brush tops in 10 to 15 feet of water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.