Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - In Praise of Bluefish
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: In Praise of Bluefish

Always an enjoyable read Rich. This has taken me back to my early teens when my father had a boat at the seaplane base in the bronx. I can remember the exhiliration of popping them out near execution rock and watching them absolutly annihilate our offerings. But it also takes me to my first real saltwater experience, at 14yrs old my family would vacation in wildwood,NJ I always went crabbing and snapper fishing on the bayside and one fateful night I asked if I could go on a partyboat. The Royalflush, I think it is still there, myself and another kid about my age were both dropped by our mothers and told to stay with each other.LOL A few giant blues later and watching someone catch an 8ft shark that was all I was ever going to need! Remember walking back to the hotels in the foggy night with a burlap sack of fish over my shoulder. I can still smell em! The bluefish do get a bad wrap and thats ok with me because I will always enjoy catching them, especially in the surf (I was in on the SS mayhem and they were GOOORRIILLASS!) It brings back alot of great memories and future ones waiting to be catalogued in my mind, How can we just dismiss an absolute predator with the heart of a lion and the will of a warrior!

Appreciate the read as Always

CHEFBX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0516011644a.jpg (63.6 KB, 12 views)