Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - 1337's Fishing Log
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM

My dad called me up last night and told me that I could have it as an anniversary present if I'd come to Missouri and pick it up. He just finished refurbishing the whole thing too, so it's in tip-top shape and ready to go in the water. He's only had it in the lake 3 times since he finished it this spring and said I'd get a lot more use out of it, which is true. Never been in salt before. It's a 1977 16 ft Renken Bowrider, 4cyl OMC I/O, with a fairly new roller trailer. I'm so stoked,, if I had the gas money right now I'd head out tonight to pick it up. I'll spend at least $450 on gas to make the trip with my truck, but that's nothing for a nice boat!! It's not the "perfect" fishing boat, but it will sure beat the heck out of the kayak I've been looking at.

I couldn't believe it when he told me he wanted to give it to me. I was speechless. I guess taking him fishing when he came to visit last weekend, and getting him hooked up on his first striper, got him thinking. I never saw it coming.