Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

susky flats april 14 week kayak

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  rabidhunter66 
#1 ·
Hey guys i am coming down to fish the HOW jamboree in april but i will be coming down for the entire week. Getting there the 14. Looking at things there is a variaty of fiah to be had around the bay bridge. I was thinking i could ad to my species list since i had the time. Any pointers? Good places to put in? I will be at the susky state campgrounds. Thanks for any help folks.

#2 ·
If you are staying at the Susquehanna Campgrounds and fishing the "Flats" you will not be near the Bay Bridge, the Rt 50 Bay Bridge.

Read this:
http://walleyepete.com/advice/susquehanna-flats-fishing-tutorial/

I'll be there every weekend and every day from 4/27- 5/5.
5/4 and 5/5 I will be fishing for LMB since the striper C+R season will end on 5/3.

Jeff
240 LTS

Attachments

#6 ·
My father and I went out to the Susquehanna flats via Havre de Grace, MD Saturday evening around 3pm and fished until dark. We caught 10 rockfish and 2 largemouth around the weed beds. We were using BKD's and Tony size 17 Pet Spoons. Hooked both of our better fish on the Tony's. Talked to a few other boats and they caught a few here and there but the fish just weren't out there in bunches. Biggest fish measured 37" and 20 lbs. Also caught a 8 lber and a really nice 4 lb largemouth.

Water Sky Fisherman Sleeve Jigging

Water Sky Cloud Smile Vertebrate

#9 ·
You are welcome. Did my post disappear? Can't see it. Anyway no the launch by the bridge is the Perryville Boat Ramp. The one I am talking about is in the Perryville Park. Here are some directions in case you decide to use it.

Go over Rt 40 bridge into Perryville. Make a right (Aiken Ave.) into town at the first light past the toll. Take Aiken Ave to the end and make a left onto Broad St. Go about 1/4 mile and take the first right past the firehouse. Once you make the right you will go over a bridge. Make your first right after the bridge (this is the Perryville Park drive). Follow the road about a mile or so and you will arrive at the park. Once you get to the park the road forks. Stay left and follow it. The launch is on the left side of the park. Once you launch paddle around the edge of the point and you are right in the thick of the north end of the flats. Good luck.

p.s. - if you do use that launch make sure you are out by sunset or you will get locked in the park.

#11 ·
Specific? I told the guy how to get to a spot I have been catching fish. Why does it matter if everyone on the forum can see it? I don't like to hide information from other fisherman and think that guarding your "honey hole" is ridiculous. If I am not understanding the cause for deletion or am putting someone in harms way I apologize but to delete a message because I tried to help a fisherman not familiar with the area find a spot is baffling to me. thank you.

#12 ·
Not telling you not to share it with him, just do it via Private Message instead of on the public forum. Forum policy, sorry if you don't agree.

There are MANY reasons why doing so is just a bad idea, and it has been discussed ad nauseum. Do a search for "Spot Burning" and you'll see what I mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.