Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 168 Results
  1. Hudson River
    I started feeling like things are happening very late. Somehow I always convince myself that mid April things will be really popping (I suspect due to winter anxiety). So I went back to look at the 2017 threads. Best I can tell it started picking up right around this time at end of April. Next...
  2. Hudson River
    With the off season grinding by, thought maybe some discussion would help pass the time. Last season was my first spring bank fishing the Hudson for striper and I was pretty unsuccessful. Spent about 90% of my time fishing frozen chucks around the Albany area, and spent a Saturday in Newburgh...
  3. Hudson River
    Caught a lot of fish.
  4. Hudson River
    Ship and striper. I love that Hudson River.
  5. Massachusetts
    I went to the local marsh yesterday and fished the first few hours of the outgoing tide. I was with my brother and we caught all of our fish on swim shads. They were all shorts, but fun to catch, and assuring that the fish are there, and i actually know what I'm going? i caught three, my...
  6. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    laughing7.gif What a friggin season for quality fish. I haven't had killer numbers on any given day but i have landed a respectable number of big fish this year (35 inch plus). They are all fat and chunky too. Today i snuck out for a 90 minute trip before work and only managed one fish but...
  7. New Member Introductions
    I've been checking this site out since last year. Fished for the stripers last year up by Troy. I will have a boat at Kingston for the season this year. I'm an experienced Lake Ontario regular with another boat up there that I've been using in February/March for Browns. I am hoping to begin...
  8. Hudson River
    I here that the Albany Yacht Club is renting Slips to Striper fishermen from April 20th thru May 20th for $75.00 per week for almost any size boat. Their bar is open Wednesdays and Fridays. Beer under $3.00 a bottle and food from $5.00 to $12.50. A cheap stop after a hard day of fishing. It...
  9. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    So what does everyone think as to the timing of the striper run this year? I'm thinking that with the extreme lack of snow cover here in Mid-January coupled with a strong El Nino, we're going to see an early run. In fact, I'm starting my annual two week striper vacation a week earlier this year.
  10. View From The Beach
    Don't name any specific spots, just looking for some loose data here. Just give your general location on the coast and indicate whether it was caught in an inlet, open beach, river, or bay. For bass caught, what have been the size you have caught most often. I'm trying to roughly correlate year...
  11. Hudson River
    Reviewed last year's herring tracking report with an eye on the upper Hudson area. First reports were around April 14-16.
  12. Hudson River
    Because I can't focus on anything. I'll probably rearrange all my tackle yet again tonight.
  13. Delaware River
    48 minutes ago Striped bass has opened in bays rivers and tributaries. Cheers to the 2015 season. Yes there is plenty of ice in the river.
  14. Hudson River
    I have read on the DEP website that states are being basically forced to conduct a study of there herring populations. The point of this 3 year study is to prove that the herring in your area are being harvested in a sustainable manner. If the state or governing body cannot show evidence of a...
  15. Indiana Stripers and Wipers
    On July 3rd I met up with a friend for some Indiana true striped bass fishing. Needless to say we had a very good day at it. I boated the first fish and he tells me right off submit this fish for fish of the year. I said I would, and I did. I got good photo reproductions made and even sent a...
  16. Indiana Stripers and Wipers
    On July 3rd I met up with a friend for some Indiana true striped bass fishing. Needless to say we had a very good day at it. I boated the first fish and he tells me right off submit this fish for fish of the year. I said I would, and I did. I got good photo reproductions made and even sent a...
  17. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Launched out of HH at 7am. Tried for some herring in a few spots around port of albany but no luck so reluctantly made the trek up to the Poesty and played bumper boats for some herring (what a zoo up there). Went a little bit south and set up on a channel edge, new spot and not a very defined...
  18. Cape Cod Canal
    When are people planning to head over there? Clearly I can't wait for the summer..... Thanks,
  19. Hudson River
    What a difference a year makes. Lastyear herring were in the nets and rods were screaming.. Still almost amonth away im guessing... Anybody agree or disagree??:sign17:
  20. Ice Fishing Forum
    2012/2013 Ice season was my first season out. Biggest perch was 14', biggest bass was 17'. Only was able to make it out a handful of times but i caught enough fish to feel as if it was a decent season.
1-20 of 168 Results